Terms and Conditions
The following are terms and conditions for the sale of goods that will govern any contract for sale that we enter into with you. These Terms and Conditions tell you the rights and obligations you have. You may have other rights granted by law and these Terms and Conditions do not affect these or your statutory rights.
EAV reserves the right to change or amend these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice. We suggest you keep a copy of these Terms and Conditions and your order for your information in the future. English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have jurisdiction over any contract and dispute. All dealings, correspondence and contacts between us shall be made or conducted in the English language. Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
EAV Pro Audio Video is an online trading name of Acoustic Arrangements Ltd. The address is:
9 Exis Court,
You can telephone our local rate number on: 0845 125 9409 and fax us on: 0871 717 7324
If you need support or have any complaints about our service or any goods or services you purchase from us please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the address above.
Purchasing from us
To purchase from us you must be over 18 and resident in the United Kingdom. We can ship to certain countries outside the United Kingdom on request. By submitting your order you are agreeing to our terms and conditions, offering to buy the goods and allowing us to use your personal details for the purposes of supplying goods (including passing your details onto couriers and other subcontractors). We will not use your details for other purposes without asking your consent and you may ask that your details be removed from our system by writing to the address above. We are not obliged to supply the goods to you until we have confirmed acceptance of your order and this is when the contract is made. For orders placed through the website, you will be sent an order acknowledgement notifying you that we have received your order. This acknowledgement is not notification that we have accepted your order. We may request additional information from you to combat fraud. Goods will normally be dispatched within 3 working days. We will let you know if delivery is going to be beyond this point and whether you wish to proceed. Prices are checked regularly, however if we find the price has changed when we receive your order we will contact you and ask if you wish to proceed. Goods will not be delivered until payment is received in full and ownership shall not be passed until such time. Credit accounts can be applied for by ‘bona fide’ businesses after 6 months trading and minimum of 3 orders. We will accept purchase orders from schools, colleges, universities and other government departments. If you discover you have made a mistake with your order please contact us immediately. Goods and services, together with VAT, are invoiced at the price prevailing at time of order.
Purchasing Wireless Microphones and Wireless Equipment from us
It is the responsibility of the customer, when ordering wireless microphones and wireless equipment, to inform EAV of which frequency band they require the unit to operate on. If no information is given then we shall supply the system on a band that includes the deregulated frequency band. If the customer is unsure about which frequencies they are able to use and whether they require a licence for a particular frequency band then please seek assistance and information from JMFG – http://www.jfmg.co.uk
Trade names and marks (other than EAV's) are not always indications of manufacturers but may also be indicative of general use systems and machines associated with such products. In the case of component purchases, Customers requiring a particular brand of product should check with us the manufacturer of component it is proposed to supply.
EAV shall under no circumstances be liable for any consequential or indirect damage or loss, however caused, including (but not restricted to) loss of profits, loss of goodwill, damage to trading relationships, and financial loss. EAV's liability in respect of all other losses shall be limited to the invoiced value of the relevant order. The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002 applies only for the purchase of goods by a consumer, which is, a customer not acting in the course of a business, and made over the telephone or through the EAV website. More info can be found at http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2002/20023045.htm - Nothing in this agreement shall limit EAV's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. Goods must be used in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and EAV will not be liable for goods misused, “fair wear and tear” or goods that fail after their expected lifespan.
Goods supplied which are to be used in the course of a business (which are deemed to be non consumer) are subject to different terms and conditions, however your statutory rights are unaffected.
Health and Safety
In accordance with the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and the Consumer Protection Act 1987, EAV confirms that the goods it supplies as a distributor do not present a hazard to health and safety when properly used for the purpose for which they are designed and when the Customer takes reasonable and normal precautions in their use.
Where, in spite of its reasonable efforts, EAV is unable to perform an obligation due to force majeure, it shall not be deemed to be in breach of its contract with the Customer. E.g. late delivery due to strikes, bad weather, etc.
Special Rules for Clearance Bargains
Goods sold as 'Clearance Bargains' are downgraded goods that EAV is able to offer at a discount from the normal price. Stocks of goods offered as Clearance Bargains are limited and such goods are sold subject to the following special rules. These special rules apply in addition to, and in the event of any conflict override, the other terms and conditions contained herein. Clearance Bargains are graded according to the condition of the goods that are described at the point of sale. The length of the guarantee (if any) with which the goods are sold is specified in the description of the relevant grade. EAV makes every effort to ensure that Clearance Bargains are sold on a 'first come, first served basis'. However, the customer accepts that the goods may for some reason become unavailable at any time prior to delivery in which case we reserve the right to rescind the contract. In the event of the cancellation of the sale in these circumstances, EAV's liability is limited to the return of the purchase price paid by the customer.
Errors and Omissions
We endeavour to provide correct product information but cannot be responsible for errors or omissions. EAV reserves the right to modify the products and prices from time to time without prior notification. All product images on the EAV website are for illustration purposes only and may show accessories that are not always provided with the product. EAV makes every effort to supply the goods as advertised but reserves the right to vary actual dimensions, specifications and quantities without prior notice. In the event that we cannot supply the goods ordered by the Customer he or she may cancel the order and require any money paid to EAV in respect of that order to be refunded. We make every effort to ensure that all prices and descriptions quoted on our website are correct and accurate. However, the frenetic tempo of e-commerce makes it inevitable that mistakes will occasionally occur. In the case of a manifest error or omission, EAV will be entitled to rescind the contract, not with standing that it has already accepted the Customer's order, and EAV's liability in that event will be limited to the return of the purchase price paid by the customer. A 'manifest error', as the term is used above, means, in relation to an incorrect price, a price quoted in error by EAV which is more than 10% less than the price that would have been quoted had the mistake not been made.
Use of the EAV website
Any information found on the EAV website and the products described in it are subject to change without notice. Copyright of the website, its design, layout, look, appearance and graphics remain our property. The contents of the website may be downloaded printed or copied for personal use only. The EAV website contains links to other web sites. We accept no responsibility or liability for the content of websites that are not under our control. It is not permitted to create a link to this website without our prior written consent. We do not guarantee that the EAV website will be compatible with all hardware and software that may be used by visitors to the site. We will not be liable for damage to, or viruses that may affect, your computer equipment, software, data or other property as the result of your access to, use of or browsing of this website or your downloading of any materials, data, text or images.
Warranty & Returns Policy
EAV is committed to providing our customers with the highest quality products and service. However, on rare occasions products may be found to be faulty or defective and in keeping with our commitment to providing you with excellent service, we offer the following returns facilities:
1. All goods supplied by EAV are warranted to be generally free from defects in workmanship and materials and fit for the purpose for which such goods would normally be used. Subject to this, however, goods are not tested or sold as being fit for any particular application or for use under specific conditions, unless expressly agreed in writing.
2. Unless otherwise stated in the manufacturer's documentation, all goods delivered to UK mainland address carry a 12-month manufacturer's warranty. Customers who wish to make a warranty claim must comply with the manufacturer's instructions and warranty procedure. In order to expedite a resolution to your problem, we may refer you to the product manufacturer who will deal directly with the return. In these instances, we will provide you with the contact information for the relevant manufacturer.
3. If your goods are faulty or have items missing upon delivery please notify us within 7 days so that a replacement or missing items can be arranged. Return carriage will be arranged and paid by EAV.
4. If your product develops a fault within 30 days please notify us so that we can discuss the best possible action to take. Normally this would be a repair but a replacement, credit or refund (which may be full or part) would be at our discretion. Return carriage will be arranged and paid by EAV.
5. On receipt of the returned product, we will test it to identify the fault you have notified to us.
6. If following the testing process, the product is found to be in good working order without defect, we will return the product to you, and the carriage costs incurred in the collection and return will be your responsibility.
7. This warranty shall not apply if the goods have been worked upon, altered or damaged in any way by the Customer or its employees or agents, or to goods not used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
8. All returned goods must be accompanied by EAV Returns Authorisation number (RA) which can be obtained by contacting Customer Support on 0845 125 9409. Returned goods will not be accepted without an EAV RA number. The RA number must be clearly marked on the outer packaging not on the goods. Failure to follow these instructions may result in delay and additional costs.
9. For faulty goods beyond 30 days from purchase our staff will advise you of which method of delivery to use to return the products. Depending on the nature of the product purchased, we will request that you return the product to us directly or we will arrange a courier collection of the product at your cost. If we have arranged for a courier collection of your product, we are unable to specify the collection time, and it is your responsibility to ensure that some one will be present when the courier arrives at the collection address. If EAV requests you to return it to us directly, please send it to the address stated below. Proof of postage is not necessarily proof of delivery and you are therefore strongly advised to send your package by recorded delivery, registered post or courier and to maintain sufficient insurance to cover the value of the goods. EAV cannot accept liability for packages damaged during transit. It is your responsibility to wrap the product adequately to prevent damage happening.
10. Authorised product returns must be sent to:
EAV Pro Audio Video,
9 Exis Court,
CANCELLATION: The Consumer Protection Distance Selling Regulations 2000 (DSR)
1. EAV does not sell products on a trial basis. Customers are strongly advised to check suitability and specifications of products before ordering.
2. DSR applies only for the purchase of goods by a consumer, which is, customer not acting in the course of a business, and made over the telephone or through the EAV website.
3. Please note your right to cancel does not apply to Software, Video or Audio recordings that have been opened, to hardware bundled with software that has been opened, to goods where there are possible infection risks i.e. microphones, earphones etc. or to goods ordered specifically to meet a customer's requirements. Other goods must be un-used and in perfect re-saleable condition.
4. If the Regulations apply, Customers may cancel goods purchased from EAV by sending a notice of cancellation by post, or by e-mail or fax within 7 days of the date of delivery of the goods.
5. We would remind you that once you have notified us of your desire to cancel the contract there is a legal requirement for you to take good care of the goods. You must return the goods to us at your cost and we advise you to ensure the goods are adequately insured during any return journey. If you have not returned the goods within 14 days of cancellation or if requested we can collect the goods from you at your cost.
6. All goods returned in these circumstances, will be subject to a handling fee of 15% of the goods value or £20, whichever is the greater. The refund, less any costs to collect the goods, will be paid back to the customer within 30 days from the date of notice of cancellation in writing from you.
More information on Distance Selling Regulations can be found at http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm